JORDANVILLE, NY: March 7, 2017
Holy Trinity Seminary in Jordanville Seeks an Acting Development Director
Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary invites applications for the position of Executive Director of Development for a full-time position beginning not later than September 1, 2017. Founded in 1948, Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary is a college-level professional school of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia (ROCOR), committed to continuation of the theological and spiritual legacy of the Russian Orthodox Church and to the training of future pastors and lay leaders to serve the Russian Church Abroad.
The Executive Director of Development is in charge of the overall fundraising plan and coordinates all aspects of fundraising and public relations efforts at HTS including the following:
- Develops and executes short- and long-term fundraising strategies including annual fund drives, capital campaigns, endowment growth, and bequests.
- Builds donor base, facilitates relationships with donors, promotes Seminary programs, and coordinates with fundraising and stewardship efforts on behalf of the Seminary.
- Identifies grant opportunities and applies for grants.
- Plans and implements programs and projects that strategically engage HTS alumni, establishing enduring relationships with them and facilitating their involvement with and stewardship of the Seminary.
- Supervises organization of fundraising and promotional events.
- Coordinates with Seminary administrative officers and staff to ensure compliance with sources of scholarship and other funds, such as DoD approval for veterans.
- Supervises and directs media staff who are responsible for HTS’s web presence including HTS website and social media. Oversees email outreach including regular targeted emails with promotional content, fundraising appeals, event announcements, etc. Directs the production of promotional print media, including annual appeals.
- Ensures that HTS students, staff, and/or faculty are well-prepared for advancing the Seminary’s PR, fundraising, and recruiting goals when they visit parishes and represent the Seminary.
- Supervises the overall donations process including thank you letters and reports to the Financial Committee.
- Participates in the budgeting process.
The Executive Director of Development reports to the Dean of the Seminary.
- Candidates should have a minimum of seven years of experience working in development positions with not-for-profit organizations. Applicants should describe expertise with fundraising, grant-writing, and public relations.
- A Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in finance or business.
- A track record of effective fundraising and overall financial growth.
- Excellent interpersonal, managerial, and entrepreneurial skills, with experience in team leadership and project development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including giving presentations.
- An understanding of and commitment to Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary’s mission.
- Must be willing to travel in order to facilitate relationships with donors
A competitive compensation package commensurate with industry standards is being offered. Exact salary will depend on experience. An annual performance bonus opportunity will be included in compensation. A relocation package will be provided.
The Executive Director of Development will be reviewed annually by a committee headed by the Dean of the Seminary and reported to the Board of Trustees with the Rector at its head. HTOS is interested in a long-term appointment.
Submissions of applications:
Please direct all applications to: The Very Rev. Archimandrite Luke (Murianka), Rector, Chair of the Search Committee, by email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by the mailing address P.O. Box 36, Jordanville, NY 13361. Please submit your resume, statement of intent, and three reference letters. All questions and inquiries should be addressed to Rev. Ephraim Willmarth, Assistant Dean, by email email@example.com.
The review of applications will begin on February 16, 2017, and will continue until the position is filled. Holy Trinity Orthodox Seminary has been accredited by the New York State Board of Regents and the New York State Commissioner of Education since 1948 with the Absolute Charter granted in 1962.